Posted by Randy Kremlacek on May 31, 2013 1:24:00 PM
If you've been paying attention to the ShoreTel turmoil lately, you've got to wonder what the heck is going over there. In Q4 2012, they lost 13 cents for every dollar of product they sold and marketing costs were completely off the charts at 43% of revenue!
But more recently, we've seen a bunch of top level Shoretel execs head for the exits....by their own choice.
Call me crazy but I think something might be rotten in Sunnyvale!
To summarize recent executive exits:
- CEO Peter Blackmore is "retiring" after only 2 1/2 years on the job
- Chief Strategy Officer Dan Hoffman left on May 23, 2013
- Senior Vice President of Engineering and Operations Pedro Rump left on May 23, 2013
- VP of Channel Management, Joe Vitalone left to work for archrival Mitel in March 2013
- Vice President Corporate Development and General Counsel Ava Hahn resigned in March 2013
- VP of Sales, Tim Gaines left to work with Joe Vitalone at Mitel in March 2013
- VP of Cloud Division Jeff Valentine, left for rival Fonality in October 2012
- SVP of Sales, Don Girskis left in March 2012
About the Author
President | Head Chef
Randy Kremlacek is president and Head Chef of TeleDynamic Communications and is a Digium Select Partner and 2013 Pinnacle Award winner. TeleDynamic Communications provides turnkey premises-based PBX and hosted PBX, SIP Trunking and Unified Communications. Randy Kremlacek prides himself on knowing the telecommunications industry as well as he knows his way around his own kitchen. READ MORE
Topics: Virtual PBX Competitors